We appreciate your help ensuring garbage in your polycarts and dumpsters will not harm workers or equipment. Please be considerate of trash contents.
GARBAGE COLLECTION POLICY
• (1) ½ yard poly cart is available to each residential customer. The cart remains the property of the Fairview Utilities Authority.
• All trash must be placed in the poly cart.
• For customers with front or side yard pickup, the carts must be moved from the curb or yard, after it has been dumped, to a location other than the front of the house.
• Furniture, mattresses, carpet, or any other large items will NOT be picked up by the collection truck crews. Roll offs are provided for your convenience in disposing of these items.
• Collection crews will pick up the larger items listed above during Spring or Fall Cleanup or other designated special cleanup periods.
• Bagged grass clippings may be taken to the Recycling Center at 424 S. Main during regular business hours.
• If the business does not have a dumpster, the same guidelines for residential customers applies.
• All trash must be put in the dumpster.
• Commercial dumpsters for commercial use are available for purchase from the City of Fairview.
The City of Fairview’s onsite recycling center has free, once/month usage. Rules and regulations are posted on site at 424 S. Main.
• March – September: Tuesday – Saturday: 8 am to Noon, 1 pm to 5 pm
• October – February: Tuesday – Saturday: 10 am to Noon, 1 pm to 4 pm.
LIMB CHIPPING POLICY
• The City of Fairview will chip and haul tree trunks from the city free of charge two (2) times a year during the annual Spring and Fall Cleanup Weeks.
• Limbs must be placed within 10’ of the curb for access of city crews. Limbs may be placed in the alley but only by necessity and must not obstruct city services or emergency crews.
• Limbs overhanging into streets may be trimmed by the City if the property owner or resident does not do the trimming.
• A maximum time of one (1) hour will be allowed at each address. Additional time will be charged at $60.00 per hour.
• Contractors employed by the resident or property owner to trim or remove trees will be responsible for removing the limbs and/or tree trunks.
• Additional chipping will be done upon request, at the City’s convenience, for a charge of $60.00 per hour.
• The City will chip and haul limbs and trees after a storm or disaster at no charge.
• The City will make the final determination as to whether a tree(s) creates a problem or potential problem to utility services or creates a safety issue. The City will trim or remove trees that interfere with city owned electric distribution lines by ordinance.